Thursday, June 13, 2013

Overland Expo, Mormon Lake 2013



Overland Expo 2013, Mormon Lake AZ
So back in December 2012, i as hanging out with Eric Nolan of Solobox and we were discussing this event....i have to admit i had no idea where Mormon Lake even was...and never dreamed i would be riding my own motorcycle to this!!  However as nerve and fate have it here i am!  
First let me say that besides Carla King, i met her in San Francisco, I was so excited to meet my many lady role models that had become friends via Facebook.   And they were all going to be there!!  So it was already going to be Epic...i had no idea at the time that i would also meet the Legendary Ted Simon and Lois Pryce!  Anyone who really knows me, knows how Lois Pryces' book changed my life!  If you have not read it and you love inspiring books of adventure!  


I headed out to Mormon Lake Saturday morning....i entered into my GPS to take me the shortest route, which was straight up OVER the mountain!  My Moto and I always ready for adventure decided what a better way to go to my first Overland Expo than on DIRT!!  
The road was fun, i pulled over several times to enjoy the view and catch my breath as i am still VERY new to off road motorcycling....as soon as i get there and park my bike...i see the Ladies on the Ural....i run over to say hello and they say "hop on" Ladies only ride!!  Carla King is driving....and what a great way to be welcomed to the Expo!!  I meet Sandy, Danel, Lisa, Allison, Martha...i am in heaven!!  We cruise around the whole place screaming and saying hello...Carla taking us on a wild ride!!  
After that amazing little adventure, I get off to walk around and check out all the cool booths....I see Lois Pryce who has just finished a talk, i want to say hello quickly, i know she is very busy with all her events....We snap a quick photo and i tell her of course the "reason" i have been stalking her all these years!! She didn't seem to be too worried about this crazy American! 
Some more walking around, I met Ted Simon in the Authors' tent....i run into Jeff Simpson....I feel so amazing to be even in the same state with all these awesome role models!  
I am so Grateful!!
I meet Ron Grace, JJ Lewis, Nicole Espinosa.....the whole family of Adventure Trio....
I am so bummed out i am not able to camp and spend the entire weekend with these great adventrure-some group of people!  Next year....OX 2014

Thank you to all whom i met and Inspire!!  My maps are out, my mind is open....More adventures await me!!  And as always, thanks for the Hugs!!

Sandy Kron Borden!

Lois Pryce!  if you have not read her books..DO IT NOW!!

Ted Simon, Moto Amazing!

Danell Lynn

Love me Carla King!

Jeff Simpson

BMW Rodeo, how fun is this?

Martha from Black Dog Cycle Works!

JJ and Ron from Lost for a Reason

Getting some family love with Adventure Trio!

Nicole Espinosa

No comments:

Post a Comment